Monday, June 13, 2011

Shades of Grey...or gray?

Cara Accessories Pave Crystal Knot Ring
From heather to gunmetal, grey, or gray, is a color that most often falls into the neutral category, but definitely has a life of its own. It encompasses silvers and slates, from the lightest baby approved to the darkest almost black varieties and looks good doing it. Often the 3rd color in athletic color schemes, the one no one talks about...and the color of our favorite earrings. Greys often lend a background to a statement piece, but when done well, they can be a statement all their own. In the era of statement jewelry, real or costume, grey, especially gunmetal, is one that is versatile and works with most anything, even gold, when done properly. Take this Cara Accessories Pave Crystal Knot Ring, the aesthetics of it allows it to speak it's statement loud and clear, but the color of it allow it to work in tandem with any shade of the rainbow. And what a lovely rainbow it is...It participates in the conversation that your outfit starts and is a subtle exclamation point people will find themselves drawn to...and probably a little jealous of. A bit fun, a little bit frivolous, but definitely necessary.

Valentino 'Lace - Large Nuage' Hobo
But grey doesn't have to be limited to jewelry...any accessory works in grey, shoes and bags alike. I was torn with which of these examples to use today, so I decided to use both. This bag is just GORGE. My life is incomplete without it, not really, but you understand. Valentino got it perfect with this 'Lace - Large Nuage' Hobo. The size of it is perfect. Being one to operate in extremes, I like by bags either massive or minuscule, and this is perfection. I can get everything I need in there with room to spare, including a change of clothes, I'm sure. I'm the single girl with the 'mom bag.' Ask me for anything on any given day at any given time, I can rummage around until I find exactly what it is you are looking for, band aids, lotion, 4 different kinds of chap stick, Advil, and probably even enough snacks for everyone at the party. Its just what I do.


Bronx 'Heat of the Nite' Flat
And anyone that knows me, knows that I have a REALLY hard resisting a fab pair of shoes. Some have even called me obsessed. Not that I can blame them.  Nothing has the ability to make everything better like a great pair of shoes can. When it comes to shoes, I am the consummate girl. Forget chocolate...want to fix it...get me a gift card to Nordstrom's shoe department. I'll be your best friend for life...or at least until I get the shoes home. And these Bronx 'Heat of the Nite' Flats will do just that. The shade of grey that they chose here, manage to remain in the background, but still make a statement in the way that only grey can. The style is classic. What's more classic than a pair of oxfords? But the fact they are grey, makes them just a touch unusual and thus, interesting. And we could all use a little interesting in our lives, cant we? 

No comments: