Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Green Day...it's not just a band anymore...

I was talking to a friend of mine last night and she was giving me the details of how she had inspired "Green Day" in her Master's Program. She is a recent transplant to the Bay Area and said that people there dont wear color. Just black and grey. She and I come from the same world, where color and pattern are necessities in life and there is no reason to be bland. She said, "They look at me in my sparkly shoes like I look crazy but they're wearing a flaxseed mumu. Honey, I'm not the one that looks crazy." She said she was talking to her study group and suggested that they all wear green on Tuesday. "Well that spread like wild-fire and I get to class and EVERYONE is wearing green! It was great! Next week we're wearing purple." It was after talking to her that I remembered that it was because of her that I fell in love with jeweltones. My favorite of which is Emerald Green.

Emerald Green is one of those colors that to me is universally flattering. I have yet to see it on someone where the color is not complimentary. Because the tone of the color
is relatively dark, it is most often reserved for colder times of the year and formal occasions. Personally, I think that the color translates through seasons and should not be relagated to only formal occasions. A lot of us also wear it as accessory pieces. A great statement bag or a piece of chunky jewelry that will make someone else stop in their tracks to find out where you go it. It works with most color schemes but also stands well alone. I have been looking for the perfect green tote sized purse for a while now and have yet to find THE one. I will one day. There is one from the  Cambridge Satchel Company that is trimmed in navy that I love, but it is more of a work bag than a purse, but hope is not yet lost. I will one day....have my very own Green Day.

No comments: