Thursday, May 26, 2011

What's Prettier than Pink?

When it comes to the ultimate girl color, what hits closer to home than pink? From childhood, we are taught that blue is for boys and pink is for girls. And while I agree that this is something most of us grow out of, pink will always be the color of a girls girl. And I love it! Purple has always been my favorite color to look at, but pink will always be my fave to wear. Preferably hot pink. Something about this particular color seems to work well with the undertones in my skin and I couldn’t be happier about it. But pink is one of those colors that has a hue to go with every complexion, from peaches and cream to the darkest of chocolate and everything in between. While baby pink gets old after about 7 years old, blush and magenta will work for years to come.

My boyfriend told me once that I like clothing with a classic cut in an obnoxious print or color. And while at the time I assumed he was right, it wasn’t until I saw this dress that I knew he was. He usually is. This dress by Tadashi is beautiful by itself, but with the addition of the one shoulder of rosettes is just stunning. And in hot pink no less! Listed as Tadashi Shoji One Shoulder Chiffon Sheath Dress with Rosettes at Nordstrom, this dress works for a night on the town, after five or an evening wedding. With the detail on the shoulder, it eliminates the need for a necklace and simple shoes will allow this dress to shine.

Much like these Zara brand Trousers with Cord, the statement is allowed to be made in a simple way, with color. There isn’t a print to distract you. Just eye-catching color. Bold color in a simple classic cut, is timeless but interesting. A linen pant is en vogue EVERY summer, but when done in hot pink it’s a little more fun. A little more purposeful. And it is still a statement. One that can still be paired with a basic tee and simple shoes and in one fell swoop you’ve managed to come out comfortable and stylish with no added effort. A new way to do the summer uniform. Try adding a splash of well placed color and see how much better you feel that day…I bet you’ll be glowing from compliments!