Friday, September 9, 2011

Everyday...every which way...

MICHAEL Micheal Kors Jet Set Medium Shopper
 What is a neutral? Is it by definition something that goes with everything? Is it a piece that complements just about everything in your wardrobe? It is a color or an accessory? Is it both? For me, it is all of the above. Some neutrals are just easy...black pants and pumps, brown belt, everyday necklace...others are more difficult...I was chit chatting with Monica and Adrienne and we have all noticed separately that we are in need a new carryall tote...a bag that we can carry with us wherever we go, work, shop, play, that will match just about everything without much need to switch it out from day to day...in these conversations I realized that with bags, as with most things, I dance to the beat of my own drummer. Adrienne prefers the classic styling of the Longchamp Le Pliage, in billberry if you please...while Monica gravitates towards the smooth leather and classic black of this kate spade new york litchfield joelle leather tote, both of which can be found at Nordstrom. Myself on the otherhand, I am drawn something with subtle color and classic details.

The everyday bag is one that fits "all the necessities of my life," as Monica calls it and is sturdy enough to take the abuse associated with a true carryall. I have an affinity for the classic shape and details of this MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Medium Shopper in purple, it is everything I would ever need. The size lends to it being able to fit everything, including my beloved Nook Color and the shorter straps are perfect to carry on my forearm or my shoulder without having to use the shoulder strap. To have an everyday bag with some color, that can make the transition from day to night and spring to fall is perfect.

Cole Haan Heritage Quilt Archer Mini Satchel

When it's time to add bigger dash of color, for those moments when something muted just won't work, set your sites on this Cole Haan Heritage Quilt Archer Mini Satchel. The shape is classic, the quilted texture gives you some visual interest and the color is to die for. Mustard is shade that has been around forever and its tonal qualities are classic and bright without being garish. The darker undertones allow it to be fall staple, bringing some life in the dull dreariness of the colder months, but its yellow overtones let it shine on bright summer days. When planning that investment staple...make sure that the style is your own and the shape and color are something that will transition with you throughout the year. For me, it will likely always have some color. I wouldn't be me without some visual interest...what will work for you, every day, every which way?

1 comment:

adrienne.lawrence@gmail.com said...

I will be buying my bag as my just reward for my landlord/tenant case. Victory is mine!