Monday, March 28, 2011

Did you know that nothing rhymes with Orange?

Orange is one of those colors that universally most people feel that they cant wear. But this is not true. While we may not all be able to get away with the orange of childhood, the spectrum that exists within orange is beautiful. From pale melons to infused burnt oranges, the options are endless. Orange is a happy color that lifts spirits and can be very comforting all the while energizing. When using orange, though, most relegate it to the background for accents, and while it works well here, it can also do wonders when allowed to take center stage. But because most shades of orange are only a shade away from garish, it does benefit one to take your time with choosing the color and placement of the color so as not to become lost in it.

I was perusing online and came across these darling studs by Betsey Johnson and I actually grinned at the computer screen. While Monica may find them scary, these are a pair of studs that can lighten the mood all the while remaining understated, simply because they are studs. A way to not take yourself too seriously. Part of this is accomplished by the color in and of itself. The shiny orange laquer is unexpected but simultaneously appreciated. Maybe not appropo for every situation, certainly not for an interview or black tie dinner, but every other in between.

For me, fashion and color is about expressing yourself, having fun and not taking yourself too seriously. Everything you wear should look polished and on purpose yet not severe. Knowing who you are and exhibiting that through dress should never be a problem...though I do draw the line at a flaxseed mumu.

3 comments:

adrienne.lawrence@gmail.com said...

I too find them scary...

adrienne.lawrence@gmail.com said...

I take that back, I like these...#unscary.

Monica Chante said...

it is not the color that I find scary atall..the idea of my earrings having eyes is what I mostly find scary..